Establish a system, then best it. The video here is “okay”, not my finest description however it was windy as heck and the mic was getting burnt out. Moving quick and shooting line back upstream in a quick and effective way is important.
1. Maintain a minimum of one rod length of “fly line” as the fly drifts back to you. Attempt to keep your fly on your casting side.
2. Raise the rod as the fly methods and grace in a “roll cast prepared” position.
3. Roll cast into the air to develop some line speed and correct the line.
4. One incorrect cast, shoot the line upstream at your next target.
5. Wash, rinse, repeat all the time. Capture fish.
Get in touch with Red’s:
Phone: (509) 933-2300
Store Online: https://www.redsflyfishing.com