Driving east up Hwy 126 previous Vida puts one through the Vacation Farm fire zone all the method to around mile post 45. There is a great deal of heavy devices up there clearing road-side trees, repairing lines, and far more. Above Finn Rock and prior to Blue River municipality you will now see some heavy devices right down in the riverbed where Elk Creek goes into the McKenzie River. The description is listed below.
In 2021, McKenzie River Trust and partners from the United States Forest Service and McKenzie Watershed Council will start an in-stream remediation task on the Elk Creek Channel which streams through the north-eastern part of the home. This work will be untidy, however the results will:
– Boost wetland locations and water environment around the Elk Creek side-channel
– Slow and spread water throughout the floodplain to enhance environment for juvenile Spring Chinook Salmon
– Boost nesting environment for Western Pond Turtles
– Address stream disintegration concerns and reconnect the Elk Creek channel to its historical floodplain, and,
– Develop area for water to move, alleviating versus flood associated concerns
Find Out More about the task here: https://mckenzieriver.org/restoring-finn-rock-reach/
The Elk Creek task will be really comparable to the South Fork of the McKenzie task, results on that task have actually been remarkable!